From the category archives:

Household Recalls

Ontel Recalls Isometric Exercise Devices Due to Projectile Hazard

April 17, 2014

The handle grips on each end can break during use and cause parts to be forcefully ejected from the shaft, posing a risk of injury from impact to the user or bystander. This is a summary of a recall issued by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). The link below will take you to the [...]

Read More Details →

Pier 1 Imports Recalls Hanging Glass Star Lanterns Due to Fire Hazard

April 17, 2014

The solder welds on the lantern can melt due to heat from a tea light. This can cause the candle holder to break and expose the flame, posing a fire hazard. This is a summary of a recall issued by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). The link below will take you to the original [...]

Read More Details →

GunBox Recalls Gun Storage Boxes Due to Lock Failure (Recall Alert)

April 16, 2014

The GunBox storage box locking mechanism can open if dropped, allowing access to the gun stored inside. This is a summary of a recall issued by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). The link below will take you to the original recall press release containing complete information, including instructions about what to do if you [...]

Read More Details →

Whalen Recalls Stainless Steel Tool Chests Due to Laceration Hazard; Sold Exclusively at Costco (Recall Alert)

April 10, 2014

The inside of the right door has a metal stopper or flange with a sharp edge running the length of the door, which poses a laceration hazard. This is a summary of a recall issued by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). The link below will take you to the original recall press release containing [...]

Read More Details →

Dyson Recalls Bladeless Portable Electric Heaters Due to Fire Hazard

April 1, 2014

The heaters can develop an electrical short and overheat, posing a fire hazard to the consumer. This is a summary of a recall issued by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). The link below will take you to the original recall press release containing complete information, including instructions about what to do if you are [...]

Read More Details →

SATCO Products Recalls KolourOne LED Light Bulbs Due to Risk of Injury

March 26, 2014

The metal housing/lens assembly can separate from the bulb’s base and fall. This poses a risk of injury from impact to bystanders. This is a summary of a recall issued by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). The link below will take you to the original recall press release containing complete information, including instructions about [...]

Read More Details →

Centex Homes Recalls Solar Panels Due to Fire Hazard

March 25, 2014

This recall involves Open Energy 34 watt (OE-34) Solar Panel energy systems sold under the brand name Open Energy SolarSave Roofing Tiles. SolarSave panels replace conventional roof tiles and provide solar power to the building. This recall involves all brown, terracotta and gray OE-34 SolarSave roof tiles installed on new homes sold by Centex Homes [...]

Read More Details →

Ace Hardware Recalls LED Clamp Light Due to Shock and Fire Hazard

March 25, 2014

The cord bushing inside the light base could fail, allowing the cord wiring to pull out of the base, exposing bare wire and presenting a shock and fire hazard. This is a summary of a recall issued by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). The link below will take you to the original recall press [...]

Read More Details →

IKEA Recalls Children’s Bed Canopies Due to Strangulation Hazard

March 20, 2014

An infant or young child can get entangled at the neck in the canopy’s fabric, posing a strangulation hazard. This is a summary of a recall issued by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). The link below will take you to the original recall press release containing complete information, including instructions about what to do [...]

Read More Details →

TJX Recalls Autumn 2013 Gardeners Eden Light-Up Decorations Due to Fire Hazard; Sold exclusively at T.J. Maxx, Marshalls and HomeGoods Stores

March 13, 2014

Exposed wiring near the battery box can lead to a short circuit, posing a fire hazard This is a summary of a recall issued by the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). The link below will take you to the original recall press release containing complete information, including instructions about what to do if you are [...]

Read More Details →