I am a father of two young children, and it was only after our first daughter was born, that I realized how important it was to stay informed about recalls. Every year hundreds of Consumer Product Recalls, Toy Recalls, Food and Medicine Recalls, Automotive Recalls, Boat Recalls, and Environmental Product Recalls are issued. In the United States, there are six government agencies responsible for issuing recalls. They are:
- Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)- Consumer Products
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)- Foods, Medicines, and Cosmetics
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)- Meat and Poultry Products
- National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA)- Motor Vehicles, Car Seats
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)- Environmental Products
- United States Coast Guard- Boats and Boating Safety
The Recall Newsletter was created to make it easier to stay informed about potentially dangerous food and product Recalls. I also want to make it easy to get this information sent to you by email. The recall Newsletter will send you Recall Alerts directly to your email inbox, as soon as they are issued.
I will soon be expanding this site to include feeds from the various Canadian Governmental Agencies responsible for recalls. This will not only protect our Candian Neighbors, but American Families that consume Candadian Products.
To keep your family safe, everyone that buys the products your family consumes and uses needs to keep informed about recalls. I want this site to be easy enough for your mom and dad to use, so please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions.